The internet links and attachments below from the Public, Private and Community Sectors have been selected by the Faculty to be of relevance and value to the employed and practising Corporate Secretary or Registrand.


United Kingdom

Special Commissioners of Income Tax Decisions

Houses of parliament home page

HM Treasury Home Page

Hansard - House of Commons

Hansard - House of Lords

The Chartered Institute of Taxation 

The Institute of Advanced Legal Studies

Cambridge University Legal Links

Delia Venables - Legal Resources in the UK & Ireland


Times Newspapers

Electronic Telegraph



European Court of Justice


International Tax

Price Waterhouse Coopers

Deloitte Touche

Ernst & Young


Grant Thornton


For those in trouble

Bar Pro Bono Unit - Legal advice from barristers who are prepared to give their time without

charge in deserving cases where Legal Aid is not available.

Pro-bono work by Corporate or Certified Public Secretaries should be considred in proportion

in relation to need.

The Chartered Insurance Institute publishes a useful book on 'Pro-bono work - the hallmark of

the Professional'




External organisations that may be able to help you further

Association of British Insurers (ABI)

The ABI acts as a representative for the insurance industry and participates in the development of public policy. Visit their website for information on current issues affecting the life insurance and pensions industry.


Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

The online CAB service that provides independent advice on your rights.



This is the UK government's digital service for people in the United Kingdom, providing a single point of access to public sector information and services, including information on Pensions and retirement planning.


Financial Ombudsman Service

The independent service for resolving disputes between customers and financial firms.


Financial Services Authority (FSA)

The FSA is the independent regulator set up by the Government to look after the financial services industry and protect customers. Their website offers general information about financial services and products and extensive consumer help.  


Find an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA)

Use this link if you need to find an independent financial adviser, close to where you live or work. Remember, you will generally have to pay for the services of an IFA.


Find a Solicitor - England & Wales

Find a Solicitor - Northern Ireland


Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC)

Free and easy to understand leaflets and information explaining tax allowances and national insurance rates can be downloaded from HMRC's website. You can also download the relevant forms used for Contracting in/out of the State Second Pension by clicking here.  (please note that contracting-out for money purchase schemes will be stopping from 6 April 2012).


Her Majesty's Treasury (HMT)

The HM Treasury website has information on banking, financial services products.


Money Advice Service (MAS)

The MAS is responsible for helping consumers understand financial services in the UK and manage their finances better.


Retiring Abroad

The Retiring Abroad section of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's website provides a general guide for those planning to retire abroad. The list includes hints on how to find out about your tax liability and welfare rights, what you need to do before you leave and when you arrive, and contact details for the organisations you need to notify of your plans.


Pension Service

The Pension Service website is published by the Government and is designed to be the first port of call for state and private pensions information on the web. It tells you what you should be thinking about, whether you are just starting out, are about to retire or you have already retired.


Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

TPAS can provide free information and guidance about company, personal or stakeholder pensions.


Pensions Regulator (TPR)

If you have concerns about the way your pension scheme is being run visit this website for information and guidance